Reminder: Blue Raider Zone will be down for a major server upgrade for up to 48 hours beginning Monday, February 26th, 6:00pm CT. (Details)

All of our injuries

The home for Middle Tennessee football discussion.
KAjunRaider
Assistant Coach

All of our injuries

Unread post by KAjunRaider » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 am

If we can escape UAB, and get even more players back for Marshall

Could our injuries be a blessing in disguise ? (i.e. getting other guys some experience with major minutes on the field, including Urzua)
Blue H
2nd String

Re: All of our injuries

Unread post by Blue H » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

Yes, but with the caveat of Brent's injury. I still wonder about his prognosis for coming back this year in good form. He's not in a sling, not having surgery, and practicing, but ya know. It just sounds bad given all the stuff he's already been thru in when it comes to injuries that mess with throwing motion. Urzua is progressing though!
KAjunRaider
Assistant Coach

Unread post by KAjunRaider » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am

Blue H wrote:Yes, but with the caveat of Brent's injury. I still wonder about his prognosis for coming back this year in good form. He's not in a sling, not having surgery, and practicing, but ya know. It just sounds bad given all the stuff he's already been thru in when it comes to injuries that mess with throwing motion. Urzua is progressing though!
I fully expect Brent to come back, at some point.

If not, they would have just shelved him for the year, and announced it (I think).

Maybe they are waiting to see how the season plays out in their determination of his return (or not).
Blue H
2nd String

Unread post by Blue H » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am

KAjunRaider wrote:
Blue H wrote:Yes, but with the caveat of Brent's injury. I still wonder about his prognosis for coming back this year in good form. He's not in a sling, not having surgery, and practicing, but ya know. It just sounds bad given all the stuff he's already been thru in when it comes to injuries that mess with throwing motion. Urzua is progressing though!
I fully expect Brent to come back, at some point.

If not, they would have just shelved him for the year, and announced it (I think).

Maybe they are waiting to see how the season plays out in their determination of his return (or not).
Good point with seeing how things play out. I do expect him to be back too, but maybe my fears of rust and not being in full swing with the offense may be unfounded since he is practicing. Hopefully we'll still be in it when he's ready.