OT: MLS in Nashville

RowdyAlumni
2nd String

Re: OT: MLS in Nashville

Unread post by RowdyAlumni » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:24 am

Nashville narrowed down to the list of 4...
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/11/ ... sion-teams
Sninho
3rd String

Unread post by Sninho » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am

The Nashville - Atlanta Derby needs a name.
bufordfan98
2nd String

Unread post by bufordfan98 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Sninho wrote:The Nashville - Atlanta Derby needs a name.
Battle of Southern Pride?
ZReed
Starter

Unread post by ZReed » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:23 pm

bufordfan98 wrote:
ZReed wrote:
bufordfan98 wrote:

Hopefully the first of many matches against y'all.
So long as they get the MLS bid, they'll undoutedly become our primary rival.

Don't know how expansion will effect scheduling format, but hoping we get Nashville three times annually, only reason I could see us not would be if the format changes to keep the number of games getting crazy.

The current format would lead to a 42 game schedule an increase of ~25%.
As long as we don't play DC three times a year anymore.
We probably will in 2018, I expect the only change 2017 to 2018 will be trading the second Minnesota game for LAFC.

But something will have to give as we expand, be it the scheduling format or the number of games.
Sninho
3rd String

Unread post by Sninho » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

ZReed wrote:
bufordfan98 wrote:
ZReed wrote:
So long as they get the MLS bid, they'll undoutedly become our primary rival.

Don't know how expansion will effect scheduling format, but hoping we get Nashville three times annually, only reason I could see us not would be if the format changes to keep the number of games getting crazy.

The current format would lead to a 42 game schedule an increase of ~25%.
As long as we don't play DC three times a year anymore.
We probably will in 2018, I expect the only change 2017 to 2018 will be trading the second Minnesota game for LAFC.

But something will have to give as we expand, be it the scheduling format or the number of games.
With teams having a third game against three teams, I expect those will be the first to go as more teams are brought in through expansion prior to increasing the number of games over all. The only groups that will oppose this are likely the Cascadia teams (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver) and the I-95 teams (DC, New England, the New York twins, and Philadelphia), as they are sacrificing extra games against their closest rivals that increase attendance and interest. The rest of the clubs are trading one flight for another one.
Sninho
3rd String

Unread post by Sninho » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:19 am

We don't have a soccer specific thread on this board, but FC Dallas is travelling to play against Chattanooga FC on February 3rd in Chattanooga. Tickets are $12 now and $15 the day of the game, purchased at ChattanoogaFC.com. Should be a fun atmosphere.
Sninho
3rd String

Unread post by Sninho » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:05 am

Predarat
2nd String

Unread post by Predarat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Glad they are getting this. Sounds like the USL was already selling tickets but this caused a good spike.
mtfnby5
Starter

Unread post by mtfnby5 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm

What I don't get is that there are over 6 pages of posts in this thread and then the announcement comes and it takes over a week before anything is posted? (It's almost as if this thread was part of a larger conspiracy to create a buzz to bring the team to Nashville. Once here, who gives a flying ____.)

What I do get is that every sport at MT is down one peg as far as mid-state fan interest, media coverage, and $$$s from ticket sales is concerned. I damn sure get that.
ZReed
Starter

Unread post by ZReed » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:24 pm

mtfnby5 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm
What I don't get is that there are over 6 pages of posts in this thread and then the announcement comes and it takes over a week before anything is posted? (It's almost as if this thread was part of a larger conspiracy to create a buzz to bring the team to Nashville. Once here, who gives a flying ____.)

What I do get is that every sport at MT is down one peg as far as mid-state fan interest, media coverage, and $$$s from ticket sales is concerned. I damn sure get that.
Well at least three people posting in this thread are fans of existing MLS franchises.

I was rooting for Nashville, but for my friends benefit and for the easy road trip for Atlanta United.